From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Winter clock change did not happen
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 06:39:58
1 On Sunday 31 October 2010 22:24:58 Willie Wong wrote:
2 > On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 05:24:23PM +0000, Mick wrote:
3 > > Thank you Graham for your very detailed reply! I understand now why the
4 > > problem exists. I have used the registry change suggested by Nuno on
5 > > Win7 and will see what gives next time DST changes. I just hope that
6 > > it'll work without having *both* OS shifting the clock by one hour ...
7 > >
8 > > The more I read this page[1] the more I am tempted to format MSWindows
9 > > out of this box whether the warranty is still valid or not!
10 > >
11 > > [1] http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/mswish/ut-rtc.html
12 >
13 > Or just cheat like I do. I set Windows to GMT with no daylight saving
14 > offset, so it won't be tempted into playing with my system clock.
15 > Gentoo thinks CLOCK="UTC". I don't boot into Windows often enough to
16 > care about the clock being off by an hour during the summer (or
17 > roughly 5 hours year-round when I move back to the States). Having
18 > long accepted that Operating System is broken, when should I demand it
19 > to keep the right time? ;)
20 >
21 > Just my two pence
22
23 I like it! Stop the bloody thing messing about with the clock altogether and
24 leave Gentoo to manage it safely.
27 Regards,
28 Mick