From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Building Xorg - internal compiler error: segmentation fault
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 05:08:59
1 On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 12:36:50PM +0200, Frank Schafer wrote
2
3 > Well for me it is reproducible. I only need to emerge Xorg :(
4 >
5 > BTW: The comp is brand new.
6 >
7 > I built a minimal system (91 packages)
8 >
9 > My further plans:
10 > Build X without all the dri, glx, ... and if this succeeds add features
11 > until it crashes again to see which component causes this.
12 >
13 > If even building plain X fails I'll try a kernel from kernel.org, then
14 > maybe other versions of GCC.
15
16 This may sound like grasping at straws, but change your /etc/make.conf
17 MAKEOPTS line to...
18
19 MAKEOPTS="-j1"
20
21 ...and try building again. It'll slow down the build process, but not
22 the compiled program.
25 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
26 My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca
27 --