From: Frank Schafer <frank.schafer@×××××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Building Xorg - internal compiler error: segmentation fault
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:42:33
1 On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 11:44 +0200, Christoph Gysin wrote:
2 > Frank Schafer wrote:
3 > > so I hit this bug too. :( Well, the log itself says it's a bug and (even
4 > > worse) that nobody knows where it comes from.
5 > >
6 > > Somebody on b.g.o. suggests to try building with a vanilly kernel. Did
7 > > someone here make the same experience and if yes, will it run then on a
8 > > gentoo-kernel?
9 >
10 > Reproducible? Always at the same location?
11 >
12 > If it segfaults randomly, try to check for bad memory.
13 >
14 > Christoph
15 > --
16 > echo mailto: NOSPAM !#$.'<*>'|sed 's. ..'|tr "<*> !#:2" org@fr33z3
17
18 This is a well known bug. The log itself says, that it isn't
19 reproducible (means the crash is for everyone in some file and then
20 stable at the same point).
21
22 b.g.o. isn't accessible right now so I can't send you the output. For me
23 it crashes at sis301_init.c.
24
25 Well for me it is reproducible. I only need to emerge Xorg :(
26
27 BTW: The comp is brand new.
28
29 I built a minimal system (91 packages)
30
31 My further plans:
32 Build X without all the dri, glx, ... and if this succeeds add features
33 until it crashes again to see which component causes this.
34
35 If even building plain X fails I'll try a kernel from kernel.org, then
36 maybe other versions of GCC.
37
38 We'll see
39 Frank