From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Verification of audio CD copy?
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 13:49:38
1 On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 3:01 AM, Joerg
2 Schilling<Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Expand please.
6 >>
7 >> Run it on a different OS? The machine is dual-boot Gentoo/XP but your
8 >> site doesn't seem to have an updated Windows version. (Unless it's not
9 >> in the win32 directory.)
10 >
11 > You may run it on any other OS that is not Linux based.
12 >
13 >> How do I run in another OS? Build recent source under Windows and
14 >> somehow run it there? I'm up for trying that but I'm not a developer,
15 >> don't have a Win 32 compiler, and wouldn't know where to start. Does
16 >> gcc run under Windows? Could I compile in Linux for Windows and test
17 >> the drive under Windows that way?
18 >
19 > cdrtools compile fine under Cygwin and there are precompiled binaries from
20 > various sides.
21 >
22 > Jörg
23
24 Cygwin..................
25
26 (dots representing 5 minute periods I've just spent trying to make it
27 useful... Not so far.)
28
29 It's getting a bit off topic but actually more Gentoo. Does anyone
30 have a good link for running portage under Cygwin? I found this one
31 but it fails at the step that does the mount:
32
33 http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_Gentoo_on_Cygwin
34
35 This command failed for me:
36
37 Mark@gamer /usr
38 $ mount -o `cygpath -m /usr/.managed/portage/` /usr/portage
39 mount: invalid option - 'D:/cygwin/usr/.managed/portage/'
40
41 Mark@gamer /usr
42
43 If I could build a mini-Gentoo environment in Cygwin and take
44 advantage of portage and emerge to get cdrtools then this might work
45 for me. I don't have the time or interest to become a real Cygwin-er.
46
47 - Mark