From: Jason Weisberger <jbdubbs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] GMail calling has an echo in Linux, but not Windows
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 21:40:53
1 > Still looks like loopback is active. Try to find a slider called
2 "Capture" in alsamixer and mute it. There might also be a setting called
3 "input" which can be set to i2c, i2s, mix, etc. Play with these. I had
4 the same problem with a Soundblaster Live 24-bit, and the problem was that
5 it was set "mix", which is a setting that allows you to record whatever is
6 currently playing. It's a good thing to have, but as you can imagine,
7 screws with voice communications, because you're recording not only your
8 own voice, but also the voice of the other person and sending it back right
9 to them.
10 >
11 > It's also possible to set this in KMix, but I don't know if you're using
12 KDE.
13 >
14 Trying your suggestion.