From: Jason Weisberger <jbdubbs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] GMail calling has an echo in Linux, but not Windows
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 22:02:49
1 >> Still looks like loopback is active.  Try to find a slider called
2 >> "Capture" in alsamixer and mute it.  There might also be a setting called
3 >> "input" which can be set to i2c, i2s, mix, etc.  Play with these.  I had the
4 >> same problem with a Soundblaster Live 24-bit, and the problem was that it
5 >> was set "mix", which is a setting that allows you to record whatever is
6 >> currently playing.  It's a good thing to have, but as you can imagine,
7 >> screws with voice communications, because you're recording not only your own
8 >> voice, but also the voice of the other person and sending it back right to
9 >> them.
10 >>
11 >> It's also possible to set this in KMix, but I don't know if you're using
12 >> KDE.
13 >>
14 > Trying your suggestion.
15
16 I took your suggestion and turned off all of the Capture settings on
17 the X-Fi, obviously I had to leave it on the USB mic to get audio
18 through. Still having the issue.
19
20 My mixer settings for capture on the X-Fi are Master, PCM, Line-in,
21 Mic and S/PDIF-in. Most of them had capture enabled, I disabled all
22 of them. There doesn't appear to be an input setting.
23
24 The lone mixer setting for my USB mic (AK5370) is mic, which is set to
25 100% and LR Capture.
26
27 Everything seems pretty covered in there.
30 Jason Weisberger
31 jbdubbs@×××××.com