From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Floppy support question for old farts. lol
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 04:24:45
1 > My earliest "new and shiny" then would be a honkin' big desktop
2 > horizontal all-steel box, with a "Turbo" switch that toggles a
3 > front-panel (7-segment LED) display between "4.77" and "8.00"
4 >
5 > And of floppies that really *are* floppy (5.25")...
6 >
7 > And of copy-protected diskettes and CopyIIpc and CopyWrite...
8 >
9 > As you can see, I have a severely traumatic childhood...
10 >
11 > Rgds,
12
13 You mean those small floppies? Remember the big 8 inchers?
14
15 In the early days, putting a computer together took more than a screw
16 driver. Remember soldering irons and PC board kits with discrete
17 components? I do believe I still have an S-100 bus machine in my attic.
18
19 Regards,
20
21 David