From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ATI-drivers versioning system - I'm confused
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:29:10
1 On 26 Mar, Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Mick writes:
3 >
4 >> On 25 March 2010 11:50, Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
5 >> wrote:
6 >
7 >> > Many thanks, do you have an estimate when 10.4 appears in the tree?
8 >> > Helmut.
9 >>
10 >> I can't answer that (as far as I know the devs will only say that it
11 >> will appear when it is ready) but I got myself into a pickle with
12 >> trying to switch from radeon to fglrx driver, running xorg-server
13 >> 1.7.6.
14 >
15 > I think you have to wait for ati-drivers-10.4 to work with xorg-1.7.
18 I just want to report back, that xorg-server-1.7.6 (+ friends) is running
19 just fine with x11-drivers/ati-drivers-8.721 .
20 The only minor problem was that one has to re-emerge all other installed
21 x11-drivers/* packages.
22
23 Helmut.
26 Helmut Jarausch