From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde4 - prints pdf file sideways
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 20:15:25
1 On 02/25/10 16:18, daid kahl wrote:
2 >On 25 February 2010 15:19, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> I just switched one of my machine to KDE4.3 and when I try to print "pdf"
4 >> document it prints it sideways.
5 >> I've tried Okurla and xpdf same effect.
6 >>
7 >> The "pdf" shows correctly on the screen and prints correctly from kde-3.5
8 >> Is it a bug or I need to make a correction/adjustment somewhere?
9 >>
10 >> --
11 >> Joseph
12 >
13 >Hello,
14 >
15 >I had a very similar problem to this in kde3.5 (I am not using kde4).
16 >I don't seem to have kept a written record, and I don't have direct
17 >access to a kde machine, but please test this idea. It is very
18 >strange.
19 >
20 >Open kedit, and go under the printing preferences and find something
21 >like "print layout" which gives you a landscape or portrait. Toggle
22 >this to whichever one it is not. Try printing again.
23 >
24 >This is very quaint, and the part that bothered me the most about it
25 >was that, according to my tests and memory:
26 >1) this controls printing style for all users (including root)
27 >2) this controls printing style outside of kde
28 >
29 >See if this can help you.
30 >
31 >Regards,
32 >daid
33
34 You might be correct.
35 When I print a document from my folder it printed correctly, but when my daughter logged in it is printing sideways.
36 KDE4 does not have any printer setting, or does it? I was able to find link to cups but nothing specific to kde4 printers.
39 Joseph