From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} anyone tried egroupware?
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 20:32:57
1 >> > There are a few things I still want to experiment with, including
2 >> > something I think will allow me to automatically create certain items
3 >> > from emails. For instance, an email to " support@×××××××.com " would be
4 >> > either merged into an existing support-call or a new call created
5 >> > depending on some filter.
6 >> >
7 >> > But that is something I'll play with over the next few months :)
8 >> >
9 >> > --
10 >> > Joost
11 >>
12 >> Are you planning to tweak the software with its existing tools in
13 >> order to make this happen, or code the new functionality? Either way,
14 >> please let us know how it goes. That sort of automatic functionality
15 >> would be great. Can that sort of thing be done manually as of now?
16 >>
17 >> - Grant
18 >
19 > If you have it installed, go to:
20 > "Tracking System"
21 > Then open the menu (arrow pointing right, located on the left)
22 > Select "Site Configuration"
23 > Then tabsheet "Mail Handling"
24 >
25 > The following is what it says in the online help:
26 > ===
27 > [Mail handling] tab: Here you can enable the option to check a mailbox for
28 > incoming mails and handle those as ticket(replies).
29 >
30 > <All options snipped>
31 > ===
32 >
33 > I can specify IMAP and POP3 as mailserver to check.
34 >
35 > There are also options, from what I quickly read, where it's possible to have
36 > the tracker queue (which is like bugzilla) visible on an external website.
37 >
38 > As I don't need that functionality, neither the email handling, I haven't
39 > looked into that myself yet.
40 > But the email handling is something that could be usefull for me in the
41 > future.
42 >
43 > --
44 > Joost
45
46 Wow, it sounds like the functionality is all ready to go. Thanks Joost.
47
48 - Grant