From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Optional /usr merge in Gentoo
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 22:49:51
1 pk wrote:
2 > On 2013-08-18 23:08, Mick wrote:
3 >
4 >> I honestly cannot understand why we/Gentoo are allowing the RHL
5 >> monolithic development philosophy to break what we have. Is
6 >> Poettering the only developer available to the Linux world? Are
7 >> RHL dictating what path Debian and its cousin distros should
8 >> follow?
9 > Problem is that Linux is dependent on udev and udev is in the hands of
10 > Kay Sievers which also develops systemd together with Lennart
11 > Poettering which in turn used to be a Gnome developer... With that
12 > said, what I cannot understand is why people advocating systemd (and
13 > the kitchen-and-sink model) are using Gentoo in the first place. Are
14 > they just trying to make the rest of the Linux distro landscape as
15 > miserable as Fedora? Why don't they stay with Fedora instead of trying
16 > to turn Gentoo into Fedora?
17 >
18 > Best regards
19 >
20 > Peter K
25 Picking random message sort of. Isn't eudev still going to support a
26 separate /usr? That is my understanding. If eudev is not then I may
27 have to reconsider some things myself here.
28
29 Dale
30
34 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!