From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What to put in chroot mtab
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 15:01:11
1 On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 8:12 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Friday 01 August 2014 14:07:08 I wrote:
3 >
4 >> I run a couple of chroots on this box to build packages for other boxes on
5 >> the LAN. So far, I haven't worked out what I should populate /etc/mtab with
6 >> in each chroot. Is it enough to "grep ext4 /etc/mtab >
7 >> /mnt/chroot/etc/mtab"? That catches all the physical partitions, but I
8 >> imagine I need to add some /proc, /sys and /dev entries as well, but is
9 >> there a simple formula for doing this?
10 >
11 > I meant to add that one chroot is 32-bit and the other is 64. The host is an
12 > i5 running openrc.
13
14 As Rich already pointed out, just make /etc/mtab a symlink from
15 /proc/self/mounts. If there is more mount points there than the ones
16 you need, grep -v'd them.
17
18 And just for completeness, systemd actually requires /etc/mtab as a
19 link to /proc/self/mounts, so don't be surprised if software in the
20 future in Linux just assumes that.
21
22 Saludos.
23 --
24 Canek Peláez Valdés
25 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias