From: David Abbott <david@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tethering an htc incredible
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 17:08:08
1 On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jun 17 2011, Mick wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Friday 17 Jun 2011 11:52:03 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> The forum post does not involve any ms windows code (in is a gentoo
7 >>> forum).  Indeed it seems perfect ...
8 >>> ... except that for me it doesn't work.  I has worked for others so
9 >>> I must have some configuration (probably the kernel) wrong.
10 >>>
11 >>> thanks again for trying to help.  I appreciate it.
12 >>> allan
13 >>
14 >> Hmm ...
15 >>
16 >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNDIS
17 >>
18 >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg463293
21 >> I'm not saying that the code running on Linux is MSWindows (the protocol is)
22 >> and RNDIS is of course faster than e.g. a USB-serial connection, but I still
23 >> think that you should be able to use USB directly without the RNDIS plug 'n
24 >> play protocol.  PPP will allow you to do the dialling part over USB.  It may
25 >> take longer to configure than using RNDIS, but it should work all the same and
26 >> at the same IO speeds.
27 >>
28 >> Anyhow, if the problem you are trying to solve is how to get RNDIS going, what
29 >> I suggest is more of a work-around than the solution you are seeking.
30 >>
31 >> Hope you crack this soon.  :)
32 >
33 > Thank you for this extra information.
34 > allan
37 I am currently connected with a Google Nexus One. I am going to attach
38 two files, my current lsmod and /usr/src/linux/.config
39 Also I use wicd to connect. I had to add the wired network usb0
40 HTH
41 David

lsmod.txt text/plain
kernel.config application/octet-stream