From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Daniel Robbins' come back ?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 04:08:59
1 Dale <dalek1967 <at> bellsouth.net> writes:
4 > >>> The problem is, and is not, legal papers.
5
6 > > Gentoo needs leadership that is accountable to the user community
7 > > but also bound to a set of bylaws that we agree with. Keeping the
8 > > distro free is paramount, but, creating avenues for financial success
9 > > for products and services centric to gentoo is a necessary
10 > > requisite too, IMHO.
11
12 > True, even things that are free have to have money. It never makes it
13 > without it.
14
15 Dale,
16 I appreciate your response and sentiments.
19 On another note:
20 Sorry about my previous postings && disconnected thoughts and grammar....
21 Hopefully, most can follow the logic of what I'm trying to say,
22 whether you agree with me or not.
23
24 With 3 Kids, deep in sibling rivalry, and a wife who's pissed because
25 my priorities do not fall in line with her vision or what I should
26 work on, it make it difficult to finish a thought, let alone
27 a comprehensive email.
28
29 In my mind I'm an accomplished person. In her mind I'm just another
30 stupid EE, that does not agree with HER leadership (and you thought
31 that gentoo has problems......) Still, I respect her and even
32 love her. Maybe that's the insanity that make Gentoo work?
33 When I suggest we separate but stay friendly (like forking Gentoo)
34 she get's angry and prefers that we stay together for the sake
35 of the children (gentoo user community). She has prevailed (so far
36 but at what costs)?
37
38 <real scary analogy>
39
40 I'm headed to the Kitchen for a very tall Margarita......
41
42 goo_night!
43
44 James