From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Resize /
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:39:41
1 Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Am Dienstag, 21. November 2006 09:38 schrieb ext Dale:
5 >> I'll stop there for a while. See
6 >> if I am on the right track so far. I'm going to play with hdb for a bit
7 >> first. See if I can get it to boot up.
10 > Good idea.
13 Yup, sure is. I am one lost puppy here.
14 >
15 >> I plan to make it boot without the initrd thing if I can. I have read
16 >> of folks having "issues" with it for some reason. My luck is not that
17 >> good.
20 > :-)
23 >> I have the kernel made but I hate loosing my 3 weeks of uptime.
26 > 3 weeks? Does that count ;-) ? Once you have anything setup, you wont loose
27 > uptime anymore because of volume management (you may need to switch to RL 1
28 > from time to time).
31 Well, I rebooted into the new kernel. I have been playing around with
32 evmsgui and so far I can create a segment, whatever that is. I created
33 a boot partition so far. I can't figure out how to put a file system on
34 it but I got it made. LOL
35 >
36 >> Oh, I
37 >> also noticed that webmin supports LVM. It don't like EVMS though. I
38 >> get a boo boo message. Oh well.
41 > You have evmsgui, so you don't need anything else.
42 >
43 > Bye...
44 >
45 > Dirk
48 This is pretty cool so far. I just need to screw up hdb a bit more
49 yet. Now that there is nothing on there anymore. I wasn't really
50 planning on erasing it yet but . . . . .
51
52 Any more pointers?? I need something. Even the pictures on the link
53 you gave are not helping much. It seems that system was already set up
54 and running. Maybe I am missing something here. < scratches head >
55
56 Thanks
57
58 Dale