From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT:: free pop3 mail box?
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 02:07:39
1 Hans <linux <at> interworld.net.au> writes:
4 > If you have or can get a fixed IP address and own domain name, check out
5 > ispconfig.org (mail, web, dns, ftp) and iredmail.org (mail). You can run
6 > either in VirtualBox with 500K ram or on a old laptop. Both run on top
7 > of Debian, Ubunto, OpenSuse.
8
9 ispconfig.org is an interesting solution.
10
11 But, I now have (5) statics and fiber, so I'm going traditional with DNS
12 servers, a mail-server(postfix) and a webserver for virtual hosting.
13 Eventually the web services will run on a cluster.
16 > I was some years ago annoyed with my mail provider and decided to run
17 > IRedMail in VirtualBox. Now it's ISPconfig on an old laptop in
18 > VirtualBox to server as Mail, Web and local DNS server.
19
20 This does look perfect for a single static IP:: good to know.
21
22 thx to all for the help.
23
24 James