From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and kernel panics.
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 18:06:12
1 On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > András Csányi wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I had a similar problem but regarding Chromium. You can read about in
5 >> this list "Chromium and everything" subject. May I ask which kernel do
6 >> you use?
10 > I remember the thread, even replied a couple times, but this is even worse
11 > and happens when flash is not even installed.  I unmerged flash and it still
12 > crashes.  Actually, mine is a kernel panic more than a crash.  My system
13 > generally locks up tight even when no web page is loading.  Just opening
14 > Firefox causes the lock up.
15 >
16 > Right now, I'm on 2.6.39-r2.  At least this version works better than the
17 > last .39 I tried.
18 >
19 > Dale
20
21 Exercise all the ideas you are receiving here first, but in my
22 experience kernel panics are something the LKML folks take pretty
23 seriously. If nothing else works consider starting a thread there
24 documenting what you are seeing and asking for inputs. You don't need
25 to subscribe to the LKML to make the post, but if you do post there
26 and want to see responses then state clearly that you are not a list
27 member and ask people to copy you directly on any responses.
28
29 Cheers,
30 Mark