From: Richard Cox <khabi@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Eez a byootiful dai todai
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:45:46
1 On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 11:43:22AM +0100, Jeff Rollin wrote:
2 > So, preinstalled Linux is not important to you? Mind explaining why?
3
4 I'd have to say its definatly not important to me. As it is, I never use a 'generic' install, so I wouldn't want to have a preinstalled version. Just means that there are going to be a bunch of factory default root passwords out there coming off the Dell assembly line. (I guess they could randomize it or prompt for a new password on first boot, but my guess is they won't).
5
6 So being that this is a Gentoo list, I'm going to go with a guess that nobody on here has the same install between them, because.. well its Gentoo :)
7
8 And second have you bought a windows machine from DELL anytime recently, they load them full of their crap and you pretty much have to do a fresh install anyways to get rid of it. I'm willing to bet they'll do the same to Linux preinstall as well.
9
10 Would I like to see Linux prosper, sure. This may even be a good step for it, but its not really relevent to this list.
13 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list