From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Full disk encryption
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 04:22:58
1 Jack Byer wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Did you use a howto for Dracut? If so, have a link you could post? I
5 >> tried making a init thingy and after about 20 failed reboots, I scraped
6 >> the idea. I was trying to follow the howto on the Gentoo wiki I think.
7 >> The unofficial wiki.
8 >>
9 > I had some difficulties because the way I was doing things before with my
10 > homebrew solution was... non-standard.
11 >
12 > The problem areas that I remember from the transition were: setting the USE
13 > flags correctly to build the modules I needed, initially confusing
14 > dracutmodules and add_dracutmodules in dracut.conf (actually you probably
15 > don't even need to edit that file at all), making sure to have a sane
16 > /etc/fstab line for the root file system and passing the right root= kernel
17 > command line. root=UUID=... works the best in my experience.
23 I did change the USE flags for the packages it said to. I think some
24 things have changed or something, maybe openrc?, and the script I was
25 copying and working with just didn't work. Maybe it needs updating or
26 something. I'm hoping to see a up-to-date howto or someone will post a
27 good up-to-date howto for dracut. Something even a idiot could follow.
28 I think it will work for me then. lol
29
30 Dale
31
35 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!