From: fire-eyes <sgtphou@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] xorg-x11-6.8.2-r3: rdesktop badness after xorg upgrade
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:18:02
1 I upgraded to xorg-x11-6.8.2-r3 , as per
2 http://www.gentoo.org/security/en/glsa/glsa-200509-07.xml .
3
4 Now when I run rdesktop-1.4.1 to connect to a win 2003 teriminal server
5 here, then use putty (a free ssh client), my normally green cursor turns
6 black, and leaves a trail of black on black boxes behind it. I can hit
7 ctl-L and it refreshes it, but it is very annoying to keep doing that. I
8 did not have this problem before going to xorg-x11-6.8.2-r3.
9
10 A short mpeg4 video can be found here. At least using mplayer, it
11 appears to be played at double speed. But the point is still made. Note
12 that when I am not using xvidcap, this black bar is continuous. And not
13 broken like it is in the video.
14
15 http://fire-eyes.org/gal2/screenshots/rdesktop_errors (note: this will
16 be gone once the issue is resolved)