From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HIJACKING THREADS
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:38:46
1 On 12 Jun 2008, at 02:41, Chris Walters wrote:
2 > ...
3 > Everyone makes mistakes, and it is can be good to point them out,
4 > though I do
5 > think this thread is a bit of overkill - a private message to the
6 > person who
7 > made the mistake is usually enough.
8
9 The problem with pointing it out privately is that that doesn't
10 educate anyone else - thus it's more work to point it out privately
11 to the next person, and the next, and one has to continue suffering
12 hijacked threads in the meantime.
13
14 I think this thread appears "overkill" because I used ALL-CAPS in the
15 subject, which has propagated to the replies. I won't do that again
16 in the future, and apologise if this has led some of you to believe I
17 was having a go at the original hjacker. I was perhaps terse in my
18 request, but did not intend to be rude.
19
20 Stroller.
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list