From: nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: A tiny titillating taste of grub2
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 21:26:43
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Apparently, though unproven, at 19:48 on Sunday 09 January 2011, Dale did
4 > opine thusly:
5 >
6 > It has support for jpeg, every fs under the sun, and the grub2 ebuild even has
7 > a truetype USE flag.
8
9 Does it support mp3 or ogg vorbis? Don't tell me I can't make it play
10 the fifth when it boots...
11
12 > Yes! Now my life is complete. I've been DYING for years to have a bootloader
13 > that can properly display anti-aliased fonts for the entire 2 seconds it's on-
14 > screen
15
16 I just hope that it is actually able to work in plain VGA mode. Although
17 I like to have framebuffer in the console, I don't think it's actually
18 needed in the bootloader. Also, I suppose it'll be a PITA to configure
19 that (or slow to run it) on some older computers.
22 Nuno J. Silva
23 gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg