From: Ivan Lucian Aron <nophinity@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel randomly locking up, no error messeges, no panics nothing.
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:07:48
1 On 2/14/07, Duane Griffin <duaneg@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 14/02/07, Ivan Lucian Aron <nophinity@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > Lately since my fresh gentoo install, i've been having a lot of problems
5 > > with the kernel locking up at random.
6 > > It's not a hard lockup, or a panic crash, it just stops running new
7 > > processes, i get a lot of defuncts.. and dosn't let new users log in at
8 > all,
9 > > sudo/su-ing either.
10 >
11 > Which kernel? Have you tried the latest vanilla release?
14 I haven't tried vanilla sources
15
16 Use SysRq-t to see what is happening. Chances are you have a deadlock
17 > somewhere.
20 SysRq-t? Sorry can't find it in portage, can you explain please?
21
22 Cheers,
23 > Duane.
24 >
25 > --
26 > "I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan
27 > --
28 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list