From: Duane Griffin <duaneg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel randomly locking up, no error messeges, no panics nothing.
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:32:19
1 On 14/02/07, Ivan Lucian Aron <nophinity@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Lately since my fresh gentoo install, i've been having a lot of problems
3 > with the kernel locking up at random.
4 > It's not a hard lockup, or a panic crash, it just stops running new
5 > processes, i get a lot of defuncts.. and dosn't let new users log in at all,
6 > sudo/su-ing either.
7
8 Which kernel? Have you tried the latest vanilla release?
9
10 Use SysRq-t to see what is happening. Chances are you have a deadlock somewhere.
11
12 Cheers,
13 Duane.
16 "I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list