From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Very old machine blocking/update questions
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 07:32:18
1 On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:11:41 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > Yeah, it's pretty insane. We were using these machines only as MythTV
4 > frontend boxes so basically they boot, start mythfrontend, spin down
5 > the drive and then talk to the backend over the network. They didn't
6 > need much space so I probably bought the smallest thing I could find 4
7 > years ago when I first built them.
8
9 I've given up on hard drives for MythTV frontends, too much noise, heat,
10 power and space. I tried flash storage for a while but now network boot.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 All generalizations are false, including this one.