From: Bob Sanders <rmsand@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linux comm program
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 04:19:37
1 On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 18:51:55 -0400
2 Daniel D Jones <ddjones@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > Is anyone aware of a decent comm program for Linux?  Something along the
5 > lines of SecureCRT for Windows?  (SecureCRT is a commercial program. There's
6 > supposed to be a Linux port in progress but I'd much prefer to use Open
7 > Source.) I can't seem to find anything but stuff that was written in the
8 > '90s like minicom or programs that have limited capabilities.  For example,
9 > Komport (KDE's serial comm program) is limited to a 25 x 80 screen, despite
10 > the fact that it's a GUI program.  I'm looking for a GUI program with a
11 > scrollback buffer, scripting, multi protocol support (ssh in all its various
12 > flavors, serial port, telnet, rlogin), session logging, etc.  This is the
13 > kind of technical itch that I would think lots of programmers would scratch,
14 > but I haven't been able to find anything close.
17 No gui program I know of. But Ruby will allow you to do all that. As it supports
18 the tk widget library, among other interfaces, the gui is fairly straight forward.
19
20 Bob
21 -
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list