From: Daniel D Jones <ddjones@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Linux comm program
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:02:18
1 Is anyone aware of a decent comm program for Linux?  Something along the
2 lines of SecureCRT for Windows?  (SecureCRT is a commercial program. There's
3 supposed to be a Linux port in progress but I'd much prefer to use Open
4 Source.) I can't seem to find anything but stuff that was written in the
5 '90s like minicom or programs that have limited capabilities.  For example,
6 Komport (KDE's serial comm program) is limited to a 25 x 80 screen, despite
7 the fact that it's a GUI program.  I'm looking for a GUI program with a
8 scrollback buffer, scripting, multi protocol support (ssh in all its various
9 flavors, serial port, telnet, rlogin), session logging, etc.  This is the
10 kind of technical itch that I would think lots of programmers would scratch,
11 but I haven't been able to find anything close.
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list