From: allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] using systemd timers as a cron replacement
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 20:53:01
1 I use systemd and wish to employ timers an analogue of cron.daily. The system is a laptop that is normally turned off each evening.
2
3 As I read the manuals one can have either a monotone or a realtime timer. But I seem to need features of each.
4
5 Specifically, I would like the daily timer to trigger 10 minutes (say) after boot (OnBootSec=600) but not more than once a day (OnCalendar=daily).
6 The manual and several wiki pages suggest that you can't mix monotone and realtime options.
7
8 Am I misreading the manual (and mixing is permitted) or is there a way to achieve my goals with just monotone or just realtime options.
9
10 thanks,
11 allan