From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: decrapify your kernel config WAS: ps shows pegasus process running - what is it?
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 23:06:18
1 Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > Any time I spend messing with obscure kernel config options is time I
4 > could be spending reading a good book, instead [1].
5 > Sorry, spending time configuring my kernel loses, as does this thread.
6
7 I'm with you Stroller.
8
9 Although I do have to admit and should admit since I'm OP on this
10 thread. If I had of inserted the .config from running kernel. I
11 would have been done on the first try.. The dozen or so questions were
12 nearly all no answers. A few didn't default the way I wanted so I didn't
13 accept the default... maybe two were like that.
14
15 I fully agree with your point about what it really takes to `know' how
16 to configure a kernel. People get a little too much mileage from the
17 breezy ` I do it in 5 minutes' line. When all they really did was
18 move the .config file.