From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Install on ZFS
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 14:42:35
1 On 15 August 2017 16:13:37 GMT+02:00, "C." <christian@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 >Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> writes:
3 >> Is this your first Gentoo install, or your first Gentoo+ZFS install?
4 >> If the former, you're definitely not doing this the easy way...
5 >
6 >Not easy, no. But definitely possible. I managed to do so.
7 >
8 >One thing to keep in mind, though, is that it might be best to _not_
9 >put
10 >"/boot" on ZFS. I did and can't upgrade my zpool just yet, because - as
11 >far as I know (please corret me if I am wrong)- Grub ain't able to boot
12 >from a zpool that has been upgraded to latest ZoL (> 0.7). It works
13 >just
14 >fine with 0.6.5.11 though.
15 >
16 >Kind regards
17 >Christian.
18
19 That's why the one I linked to actually tells you to create 2 zpools. 1 for /boot and 1 for the rest.
22 Joost
23 --
24 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.