From: "C." <christian@×××××××.net>
To: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Install on ZFS
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 07:27:29
1 "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > On 15 August 2017 16:13:37 GMT+02:00, "C." <christian@×××××××.net> wrote:
4 >>Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> writes:
5 >>> Is this your first Gentoo install, or your first Gentoo+ZFS install?
6 >>> If the former, you're definitely not doing this the easy way...
7 >>
8 >>Not easy, no. But definitely possible. I managed to do so.
9 >>
10 >>One thing to keep in mind, though, is that it might be best to _not_
11 >>put
12 >>"/boot" on ZFS. I did and can't upgrade my zpool just yet, because - as
13 >>far as I know (please corret me if I am wrong)- Grub ain't able to boot
14 >>from a zpool that has been upgraded to latest ZoL (> 0.7). It works
15 >>just
16 >>fine with 0.6.5.11 though.
17 >>
18 >>Kind regards
19 >>Christian.
20 >
21 > That's why the one I linked to actually tells you to create 2
22 > zpools. 1 for /boot and 1 for the rest.
23
24 Right, sorry, must've overlooked your link. Just as I have forgotten
25 about this during installation. Ah well.
28 [ Insert favourite quote here. ]