From: Douglas Linford <drkrider@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reboots ok...but no Shutdown
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 16:50:35
1 This can be marked solved, thanks to Dale....I recompiled my kernel to
2 include Power Management with ACPI and my box now shutsdown normally.
3
4 Douglas
5
6 On 12/21/06, Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> wrote:
7 >
8 > Nelson, David (ED, PAR&D) wrote:
9 >
10 > What filesystems do you have mounted usually?
11 >
12 > David
13 >
14 > *Note: These views are my own, advice is provided with no guarantee of
15 > success. I do not represent anyone else in any emails I send to this list.
16 > *
17 >
18 > -----Original Message-----
19 > *From:* Douglas Linford [mailto:drkrider@×××××.com <drkrider@×××××.com>]
20 > *Sent:* 21 December 2006 14:40
21 > *To:* gentoo-user@l.g.o
22 > *Subject:* [gentoo-user] Reboots ok...but no Shutdown
23 >
24 > When I log out of Gentoo and select reboot, the computer reboots fine,
25 > but when I select shutdown, the computer hangs at: "Remounting remaning
26 > filesystems readonly", and no other messages. It just sits forever.
27 > I re-emerged baselayout and checked my shutdown.sh, it all looks ok,
28 > but...no go.
29 > Any ideas?
30 >
31 > Douglas
35 > You may need to check the kernel too. I think you have to enable APM or
36 > ACPI or something for it to power off. Can't recall which.
37 >
38 > Hope that helps.
39 >
40 > Dale