From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reboots ok...but no Shutdown
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:20:33
1 Nelson, David (ED, PAR&D) wrote:
2 > What filesystems do you have mounted usually?
3 >
4 > David
5 >
6 > /Note: These views are my own, advice is provided with no guarantee of
7 > success. I do not represent anyone else in any emails I send to this
8 > list./
9 >
10 > -----Original Message-----
11 > *From:* Douglas Linford [mailto:drkrider@×××××.com]
12 > *Sent:* 21 December 2006 14:40
13 > *To:* gentoo-user@l.g.o
14 > *Subject:* [gentoo-user] Reboots ok...but no Shutdown
15 >
16 > When I log out of Gentoo and select reboot, the computer reboots
17 > fine, but when I select shutdown, the computer hangs at:
18 > "Remounting remaning filesystems readonly", and no other messages.
19 > It just sits forever.
20 > I re-emerged baselayout and checked my shutdown.sh, it all looks
21 > ok, but...no go.
22 > Any ideas?
23 >
24 > Douglas
28 You may need to check the kernel too. I think you have to enable APM or
29 ACPI or something for it to power off. Can't recall which.
30
31 Hope that helps.
32
33 Dale