From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nxserver-freenx - user nx not allowed because account is locked
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 20:40:35
1 On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 03/19/09 13:07, Paul Hartman wrote:
3 >>>>
4 >>>> I think the user DB setting is in /usr/NX/etc/server.cfg
5 >>>
6 >>> No there is no such file or directory on the server; that is why I'm
7 >>> asking
8 >>> if after setting the password for user "nx" I should run this command
9 >>> again:
10 >>> nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key --clean --purge
11 >>>
12 >>> as it is my impression that the setup was not complete.
13 >>
14 >> Hmm. Okay, I am actually using nxserver-freeedition and not
15 >> nxserver-freenx. (I always get those confused).
16 >
17 > Thanks, it is the first time I"m using it.
18 > What is the actual difference between nxserver-freeedition and
19 > nxserver-freenx besides the license?
20 > Maybe I'll try nxserver-freeedition.
21
22 I think nxserver-freeedition is an official NX product with a "free
23 forever" license for a small number of users per machine (2 or 3?),
24 while freenx is an open-source project making an NX-compatible server
25 (possibly using released NX sources from some point in time, I don't
26 really know the whole history).