From: Jason Dusek <jason.dusek@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dev-haskell/{cabal,haxml} -- runaway memory hog
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 01:32:01
1 On Dec 25, 2007 6:26 AM, <felix@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 10:57:10PM -0800, Jason Dusek wrote:
3 > > On Dec 23, 2007 8:23 AM, <felix@×××××××.com> wrote:
4 > > > Emerging haxml directly repeats the greedy performance...
5 > >
6 > > Does deleting the ebuild (not haxml, just that particular ebuild, as
7 > > suggested by "manually remove the ebuild", make any difference?
8 >
9 > I took "manually remove the ebuild" to mean do all the remove steps
10 > myself, but I don't have any idea what those steps are. Do you think
11 > it means the actual haxml-1.13.2.ebuild file? I'd be willing to try
12 > that, but that is the most recent ebuild.
13
14 Maybe you're reading it right, but it's not clear -- if you are
15 supposed to remove HaXML by hand, it should have said "manually
16 remove the package". When you say "Emerging HaXML directly
17 repeats the greedy performance...", do you mean *unmerging*
18 HaXML is not doable? You could try unmerging it and then
19 re-emerging it. If you've already tried that, though, then I'll
20 have to think of something else :)
21
22 I'm using the same HaXML you are, actually.
25 _jsn
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list