From: Andrea Momesso <momesso.andrea@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What *-sources for laptop
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 08:21:05
1 On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3
4 > On Saturday 19 July 2008, Amar Cosic wrote:
5 > > Hello all
6 > >
7 > > I am about to install Gentoo on laptop for first time.I use
8 > > gentoo-sources on desktop but I would like to know is there maybe
9 > > something better for laptop? Also, I would appreciate if someone
10 > > could give me some of yours make.conf's you use on laptop. Thanks
11 >
12 > gentoo-sources is fine for laptops. What do you have in your laptop that
13 > makes you think some other patches will perform better?
14 >
15 > Someone else's make.conf is not going to help you much, it's way to
16 > customized for each machine. You could start by copying the one you
17 > already have on your desktop and working from there. It's what I do,
18 > the only things I change are the arch and the cpu-specific USE flags
19 > (things like mmx, sse)
20 >
21 > --
22 > Alan McKinnon
23 > alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
24 >
25 > --
26 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
29 If you need advanced hibernate and suspend functions tuxonice-sources are
30 fine too.
33 Momesso Andrea