From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What do you think about Firefox 57?
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 15:46:53
1 On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 06:19:55PM -0700, Daniel Campbell wrote
2 >
3 > Based on what I've read so far, Moonchild is up front about any
4 > breakage, and warns about unsupported compilers or settings. One of our
5 > regulars (Walter Dnes) helps maintain PM for us, too, so that's even
6 > better. :)
7
8 A bit of clarification; I'm not a programmer/developer. I volunteer
9 to do a couple of niche builds.
10
11 * the SSE-only linux build for Pentium-3-class machines
12 * the 32-bit linux "unstable" build
13
14 I have a few desktops and laptops at home. I wanted maximum optimized
15 manual builds for my machines. I set up separate working directories
16 for each machine, with symlinks to the same source directory. The build
17 script was the same, so it was also a symlink. The only differences
18 were the mozconfig files, and a small "customize" include file. From
19 there, it's a minor incremental effort to add another directory or two.
20 The major part of the effort was setting up a CentOS 6.5 chroot to match
21 the build environment for the mainstream linux build.
24 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
25 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications