From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X-forwarding questions
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:15:33
1 Grant wrote:
2
3 > That's the weird part. Local gimp and remote gimp side-by-side on the
4 > same screen look different. For example, the edges of the buttons and
5 > widgets in local gimp are rounded but they aren't in remote gimp. Not
6 > a big deal though.
7
8 So what do gimp look like when you run it locally on the "remote"
9 machine (i.e. not using ssh)?
10
11 > When I ssh -X, start gimp, close gimp, and close the ssh session, the
12 > terminal prompt disappears and only the cursor is visible in the
13 > terminal. I have to ctrl+c to bring the prompt back. This doesn't
14 > happen with ssh -X unless I open gimp during the session.
15
16 So this only happens with gimp? It may be that gimp doesn't exit
17 "properly"... I'm just guessing and I don't know why that would be.
18
19 > Using -C, gimp is about 10x more responsive than if I don't. I was
20 > surprised too. My laptop and the "remote" system are 15 feet away
21 > from each other on the same wireless network, with the router in
22 > between.
23
24 Ah, well... can't argue with that. :-)
25
26 Best regards
27
28 Peter K