From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Want to seriously test a NEW hard drive
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 08:48:55
1 On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 22:22:25 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I used something called Gparted to partition this monster. This is
4 > temporary tho. What should I be using to partition this thing? What is
5 > the best, and easiest, tool for me to use? I have been using cfdisk in
6 > the past but it doesn't seem to work on this one.
7
8 Do not use cfdisk on 2TB+ drives, it gives bad alignment. Use gdisk or
9 cgdisk with GPT partition tables. Create a 1MB partition at the start of
10 type EF02, which keeps backward compatibility, then partition as normal.
11
12 Note that GPT has none of the primary/logical crap, just create the
13 partitions you want.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Downloading - A quick way of catching a virus from anywhere in the world.