From: Galevsky <galevsky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless help?
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 11:02:17
1 Hello Grant,
2
3 Let's check first your kernel config:
4 http://madwifi.org/wiki/UserDocs/KernelConfig
5 If you still face trouble, I advise you to have a look at the website
6 doc which looks pretty good..
7
8 Gal'
11 On Dec 1, 2007 7:32 AM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
12 > I'm trying to set up a new laptop's wireless interface. lspci says it
13 > has an Atheros AR5006EG which should mean the madwifi drivers. I
14 > emerged madwifi-ng and madwifi-ng-tools, created net.ath0 as a link to
15 > net.lo, and set the ath_pci module to autoload (which it does without
16 > errors) but I get:
17 >
18 > network interface ath0 does not exist
19 > Please verify hardware or kernel module (driver)
20 >
21 > when trying to start net.ath0. Does this sound like a driver support
22 > problem or did I miss something? ifconfig only shows eth0 and lo.
23 > iwconfig shows, eth0, lo, and sit0. I don't know what sit0 is.
24 >
25 > - Grant
26 > --
27 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list