From: the guard <the.guard@××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re[2]: [gentoo-user] Server system date synchronizaion
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 20:46:53
1 Пятница, 26 апреля 2013, 22:41 +02:00 от Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>:
2 > On 26/04/2013 20:54, Paul Hartman wrote:
3 > > On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM, Nick Khamis <symack@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > >> Hello Everyone,
5 > >>
6 > >> We are trying to sync our server's time with an accurate ntp
7 > >> server, and was wondering which of the many solutions are
8 > >> considered viable. I did see the
9 > >> http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Time_Synchronization.
10 > >> Our services are quite time sensitive.
11 > >
12 > > I think the classic method is to use net-misc/ntp
13 > >
14 > > See the extensive article at http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/NTP for
15 > > great examples and description.
18 > Do none of us here ever deal with Windows? :-)
19 >
20 > I notice that no-one has yet mentioned that Windows does not do ntp, as
21 > Windows does not do time right, doesn't do timezones right and I
22 > strongly suspect can't even do dates right (this latter still unproven)
23 >
24 > Windows time servers need some magic Microsoft thing called ENTP which
25 > is in no way related to the ntp we all know and love
26 >
27 It refuses to adjust time if you have a wrong date. timezone is set in your system