From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] printing problems
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 16:20:20
1 On 11/10/2015 03:12 PM, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > I used to use foo2zjs happily many a year ago. But then it vanished from
3 > portage and I never got it working again.
4
5 ?? Wow, I didn't even know that until just now. I still have it
6 installed via an ebuild, I'm surprised portage didn't through any
7 warnings about not being able to update.
8
9 I've attached the foo2zjs ebuild that I still have in my portage tree,
10 in case you want to use it or try to get it working again.
11
12 > A few days ago I couldn’t get my printer to print more than one page in a
13 > go. It just stops after the first page. Luckily, I have a virtual Ubuntu
14 > which I originally set up just out of curiosity, but now acts as my printing
15 > client, because it just works™.
16
17 I just had this this morning! It was driving me nuts because I am
18 supposed to sign a document and yep, the page that needs the signature
19 is on page 2! After messing around for about a half an hour, I
20 discovered some of my CUPS default printer settings disappeared! My
21 paper size and type were set to A4/envelope. I reset them and it prints
22 properly. I wonder what changed them?
23
24 > PS.: The printer is from 2004, and only now the toner, which is the one I
25 > bought with the printer – is getting weaker.
26
27 I bought mine in late 2012/early 2013. I just checked and the black is
28 at 60%, all the colours are at 80%. Haven't had to change a cartridge yet.
29
30 Dan

foo2zjs-99999999.ebuild text/plain