From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kded4 keeping a flash drive busy
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 19:12:24
1 On 03/04/2013 20:47, Francisco Ares wrote:
2 > 2013/4/3 Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com
3 > <mailto:yohan.pereira@×××××.com>>
4 >
5 > On 03/04/13 at 10:56am, Francisco Ares wrote:
6 > > Hello All
7 > >
8 > > Issuing a "fuser -m [mount-point]" shows that kded4 keeps using
9 > the flash
10 > > drive device, so I am not allowed to umount it.
11 > >
12 > > Any hints on how to solve this? The most relevant search result is in
13 > > http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=99419&start=15 , but I just
14 > > can't believe that I have to kill any process to make something so
15 > usual.
16 > >
17 > > Thanks
18 > > Francisco
19 >
20 > Hi,
21 > This is just a hunch but do you have nepomuk and friends enabled ?
22 > If so in the nepomuk server configuration is ignore all removable media
23 > set?
24 >
25 > If that's not the case then maybe look under the service manager and try
26 > disabling services that look like they might want to access your flash
27 > drive. When I glanced at that list the only one that might be guilty is
28 > the Nepomuk Search Module.
29 >
30 > --
31 >
32 > - Yohan Pereira
33 >
34 > The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
35 > between a mermaid and a seal.
36 > -- Mark Twain
40 > Hi,
41 >
42 > I am sorry, I think I did not make myself clear.
43 >
44 > The only process using the flash drive is "kded4". The link I sent was
45 > the closest search result about the same issue (not able to umount a
46 > flash drive).
47
48 How do you mount the flash drive?
49
50 I find dolphin gives me quite different behaviours between using the
51 Device Notifier widget, clicking a stored shortcut in dolphin's left
52 sidebar and the old fashioned way on the command line.
53
54 It's not unexpected that kded4 is the process using the mount point; the
55 kioslaves are plugins and the worker process that uses them is a child
56 of kded4 (and keeps the name kded4). My next step would be to record
57 what ps says about the process before and after trying to umount it the
58 first time.
62 Alan McKinnon
63 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com