From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kded4 keeping a flash drive busy
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 18:48:12
1 2013/4/3 Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
2
3 > On 03/04/13 at 10:56am, Francisco Ares wrote:
4 > > Hello All
5 > >
6 > > Issuing a "fuser -m [mount-point]" shows that kded4 keeps using the flash
7 > > drive device, so I am not allowed to umount it.
8 > >
9 > > Any hints on how to solve this? The most relevant search result is in
10 > > http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=99419&start=15 , but I just
11 > > can't believe that I have to kill any process to make something so usual.
12 > >
13 > > Thanks
14 > > Francisco
15 >
16 > Hi,
17 > This is just a hunch but do you have nepomuk and friends enabled ?
18 > If so in the nepomuk server configuration is ignore all removable media
19 > set?
20 >
21 > If that's not the case then maybe look under the service manager and try
22 > disabling services that look like they might want to access your flash
23 > drive. When I glanced at that list the only one that might be guilty is
24 > the Nepomuk Search Module.
25 >
26 > --
27 >
28 > - Yohan Pereira
29 >
30 > The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
31 > between a mermaid and a seal.
32 > -- Mark Twain
36 Hi,
37
38 I am sorry, I think I did not make myself clear.
39
40 The only process using the flash drive is "kded4". The link I sent was the
41 closest search result about the same issue (not able to umount a flash
42 drive).
43
44 Thanks
45 Francisco
46 --
47 "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
48 and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have
49 one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."
50 - George Bernard Shaw