From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] AppleMac in a Virtual Machine?
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 11:11:48
1 On Tuesday 03 July 2007 11:48, Sergey A. Kobzar wrote:
2 > Hi Etaoin,
3 >
4 > Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 1:51:44 PM, you wrote:
5 > > On Tuesday 3 July 2007 12:35, Mick wrote:
6 > >> Hi All,
7 > >>
8 > >> I have no experience with vmware and was wondering if there is an
9 > >> equivalent application to allow a MS Windows or Linux machine to run
10 > >> OSX. I need this to be able to check what websites look like in
11 > >> Safari (Konqueror comes close, but there are differences).
12 > >>
13 > >> Is there such a thing?
14 > >
15 > > Yes, there is pearpc (http://pearpc.sf.net), but since one of the
16 > > developers died, development seems to have stalled. Anyway, last time I
17 > > checked the current version was able to run OS X 10.3 (don't know about
18 > > later versions).
19 > > Since newer OS X versions can run on intel hardware, you might be able to
20 > > run them in vmware, but I also could be completely wrong on this!
21 >
22 > VMware Server can help you. It worked for me some time ago.
23 > Also looks like you can use Virtual PC 2007.
24
25 That implies the opposite of what I am trying to do, which is to run AppleMac
26 OS & apps in a virtual machine on my Gentoo or on a MS Windows PC. The
27 pearpc that Etaoin is suggesting seems to be what I am after. Thanks!
28 --
29 Regards,
30 Mick