From: "Sergey A. Kobzar" <tod.zullu@×××××.com>
To: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-user] [OT] AppleMac in a Virtual Machine?
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 10:54:21
1 Hi Etaoin,
2
3 Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 1:51:44 PM, you wrote:
4
5 > On Tuesday 3 July 2007 12:35, Mick wrote:
6
7 >> Hi All,
8 >>
9 >> I have no experience with vmware and was wondering if there is an
10 >> equivalent application to allow a MS Windows or Linux machine to run
11 >> OSX. I need this to be able to check what websites look like in
12 >> Safari (Konqueror comes close, but there are differences).
13 >>
14 >> Is there such a thing?
15
16 > Yes, there is pearpc (http://pearpc.sf.net), but since one of the
17 > developers died, development seems to have stalled. Anyway, last time I
18 > checked the current version was able to run OS X 10.3 (don't know about
19 > later versions).
20 > Since newer OS X versions can run on intel hardware, you might be able to
21 > run them in vmware, but I also could be completely wrong on this!
22
23 VMware Server can help you. It worked for me some time ago.
24 Also looks like you can use Virtual PC 2007.
27 Sergey
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list