From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] AppleMac in a Virtual Machine?
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 10:48:43
1 On Tuesday 3 July 2007 12:35, Mick wrote:
2
3 > Hi All,
4 >
5 > I have no experience with vmware and was wondering if there is an
6 > equivalent application to allow a MS Windows or Linux machine to run
7 > OSX. I need this to be able to check what websites look like in
8 > Safari (Konqueror comes close, but there are differences).
9 >
10 > Is there such a thing?
11
12 Yes, there is pearpc (http://pearpc.sf.net), but since one of the
13 developers died, development seems to have stalled. Anyway, last time I
14 checked the current version was able to run OS X 10.3 (don't know about
15 later versions).
16 Since newer OS X versions can run on intel hardware, you might be able to
17 run them in vmware, but I also could be completely wrong on this!
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list