From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Delete /tmp content
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 17:36:50
1 On Friday 15 Jul 2016 08:44:39 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 7:43 AM, Hogren <hogren@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > After several strange problems, I discovered that my /tmp content was
4 > > never
5 > > deleted.
6 > >
7 > > Is there a natif mechanism (with fstab or other option) and it's just a
8 > > misconfiguration or there isn't, and I need to use a systemd service ?
9 >
10 > If you're using systemd this should all be default behavior, unless
11 > overridden.
12 >
13 > tmpfs ought to be created as a tmpfs due to
14 > /usr/lib/systemd/system/tmp.mount unless you tell it to do something
15 > else in fstab or your own tmp.mount, or you somehow disable it.
16 >
17 > That alone should clear it on every reboot.
18 >
19 > I checked and it looks like the default on Gentoo is to not clear
20 > tmpfiles on a running system at all:
21 > cat /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/tmp.conf
22 > v /tmp 1777 root root
23 > v /var/tmp 1777 root root
24 >
25 > If you create /etc/tmpfiles.d/mytmp.conf and put those lines with a
26 > "10d" afterwards then it should purge files older than 10 days
27 > automatically. I think. I don't know exactly how tmpfiles.d
28 > overrides work. You might have to copy the entire file to
29 > /etc/tmpfiles.d/tmp.conf and then edit those two lines in place. Be
30 > sure to keep the exclusions, you don't want to kill tmpfiles for
31 > running daemons.
32 >
33 > Or you can of course use something like tmpreaper. I still have that
34 > running from my openrc days, and it of course works fine with systemd.
35
36 If you are using openrc go to /etc/conf.d/bootmisc and set:
37
38 clean_tmp_dirs="/tmp"
39 wipe_tmp="YES"
42 Regards,