From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Delete /tmp content
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 12:44:51
1 On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 7:43 AM, Hogren <hogren@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > After several strange problems, I discovered that my /tmp content was never
4 > deleted.
5 >
6 > Is there a natif mechanism (with fstab or other option) and it's just a
7 > misconfiguration or there isn't, and I need to use a systemd service ?
10 If you're using systemd this should all be default behavior, unless overridden.
11
12 tmpfs ought to be created as a tmpfs due to
13 /usr/lib/systemd/system/tmp.mount unless you tell it to do something
14 else in fstab or your own tmp.mount, or you somehow disable it.
15
16 That alone should clear it on every reboot.
17
18 I checked and it looks like the default on Gentoo is to not clear
19 tmpfiles on a running system at all:
20 cat /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/tmp.conf
21 v /tmp 1777 root root
22 v /var/tmp 1777 root root
23
24 If you create /etc/tmpfiles.d/mytmp.conf and put those lines with a
25 "10d" afterwards then it should purge files older than 10 days
26 automatically. I think. I don't know exactly how tmpfiles.d
27 overrides work. You might have to copy the entire file to
28 /etc/tmpfiles.d/tmp.conf and then edit those two lines in place. Be
29 sure to keep the exclusions, you don't want to kill tmpfiles for
30 running daemons.
31
32 Or you can of course use something like tmpreaper. I still have that
33 running from my openrc days, and it of course works fine with systemd.
36 Rich