From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kmail2 - I have not given up ... yet
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 16:35:00
1 On Tuesday 29 Dec 2015 14:18:20 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > sqlite is nice, for single threaded applications.
4 > For anything more advanced, either a wrapper is required or something more
5 > advanced needs to be used.
6
7 I like sqlite because it is self-contained, embedded in the application that
8 uses it and accesses the data directly with functional calls, rather than
9 looping around port/socket interfaces to speak to a server. This is why I
10 kept it, since with Kmail1 it is not used much.
11
12 With Kmail2 the database will be hammered so as you say will need something
13 that can process things in parallel at speed and in higher volumes. So, I'm
14 planning to install postgresql for this purpose, since in my experience mysql
15 has had a number of hickups with akonadi.
16
17 Can you please advise what GRANTS did you use to create a dedicated postgresql
18 user for akonadi?
19
20 Will the same user be used for Baloo indexing, or is this an additional
21 database role?
24 Regards,
25 Mick